Etsy Shop

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Doctor Who: The Crawling Terror Review



Hello all hope is well, today I am going to be doing a review on a book, Yes my first review on a book. I look forward to doing more book reviews. The name of the book is Doctor Who: The Crawling Terror By: Mike Tucker, Disclaimer:  



"Well, I doubt you'll ever see a bigger insect."


Gabby Nichols is putting her son to bed when she hears her daughter cry out. 'Mummy there's a daddy longlegs in my room!' Then the screaming starts... Alan Travers is heading home from the pub when something rushes his face — a spider's web. Then something huge and deadly lumbers from the shadows... Kevin Alperton is on his way to school when he is attacked by a mosquito. A big one. Then things get dangerous.

But it isn't the dead man cocooned inside a huge mass of web that worries the Doctor. It isn't the swarming, mutated insects that make him nervous. It isn't an old man's garbled memories of past dangers that intrigue him.

With the village cut off from the outside world, and the insects becoming more and more dangerous, the Doctor knows that no one is safe. Not unless he can decode the strange symbols engraved on an ancient stone circle, and unravel a mystery dating back to the Second World War.



The Review


I was so excited when I found out I had the opportunity to read this book I have heard of the Doctor Who series but I have never read them so I was really happy to read a series I have never read.

When I first started reading this book I wasn't sure what to expect because I was new to this series and it was a different genre that I'm use to it's a fiction, science fiction, action & adventure type of novel. I am use to reading Horror, supernatural type novel, but I was glad to change it up a little bit.

My over all opinion about this novel was good I liked it better then I thought, at the beginning of the book I was a little confused but as I read on it started to make more since. I would love to see this book as a series, I don't think it is a series but I would love to see this book play out in a series or even a movie.

 I loved the way the author writes it is very interesting and makes me want to read more. I loved the characters in the book they were described very well, The way the characters are described i can visualize them in my head. I loved the gabby, kevin characters and Doctor Who.

 I love how the book plays out it was very good and I think I have found a new genre that I will be reading. I will definitely be looking into more Doctor Who novels the book left me wanting more I loved it. 


Disclaimer:


No comments:

Post a Comment